As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to make new friends, meet artists and enjoy our exhibitions.
Art Gallery volunteers assist with a wide range of tasks, including meeting and greeting our customers to installing exhibitions and assisting with art workshops. To volunteer at the gallery, you will need to be over 16 years of age. The gallery will provide all necessary training.
Please see below for a list of the opportunities on offer:
If you have great customer service skills, are reliable and are keen to get involved in the arts, why not become one of our reception volunteers?
Reception volunteers assist with:
- answering the phone, responding to queries and taking messages
- talking with visitors about current exhibitions
- selling artworks from the gallery store
- assisting with mail-out campaigns and various other reception and administration duties.
If you want to find out what happens behind the scenes of an exhibition, then being an installation volunteer could be for you. Installations take place every six weeks, and usually take a day or two to complete.
Installation volunteers must:
- be confident in handling artworks
- be good with a tape measure and drill
- have an eye for detail.
Installation volunteers assist with:
- taking down and packing artworks
- unpacking and installing artworks
- wall repair – filling and sanding blemishes in gallery walls
- repainting gallery walls
If you are practical and artistic, why not become a workshop volunteer?
Workshop volunteers assist with:
- preparing materials
- helping the artist or educator who is running the session
- working with groups of children or adults who are participating
- helping to pack up and clean supplies at the end of the workshop.
Workshop volunteers who work with children will need a Blue Card.